Everyone can benefit from smudging a space with a smoking bundle of sage; however, not everyone can benefit from the strong smoke from a sage smudge bundle! A common question among people, Witches, Pagans, Wiccans, New Agers, and Spiritualists alike who suffer or know someone who suffers from smoke-induced headaches, smoke allergies, and reactions to strongly scented herbs is, “How can I cleanse and clear my space without burning sage?”
Whether you live in a smoke-free situation, don’t like the scent of burning sage, or just want to add a new regimen or level of depth to your space-cleaning ritual, this recipe is perfect for you! Use with caution, however, as some powders can cause damage to certain types of floors, and some herbs can stain carpets!
Use this smudge powder the same way you would use a smudge stick. There are two versions, a baking soda version for cleansing the home of negative energy as a carpet sprinkle and a cornstarch version for everything else! Simply sprinkle around your home, yourself, your sacred space, and more to remove harmful energies from yourself and your space!
Smokeless Sage Smudge Powder RecipeAdd To Yummly!
- 1 cup baking soda (for carpet sprinkle) or
- 1 cup cornstarch (for outside use or use on the body)
- 3 tbsp sage leaves
- Pour the baking soda or cornstarch into a bowl. Hold your hands over it and bless/consecrate it to absorb all negative and harmful energies. Visualize the white powder sucking the black, harmful energies right out of the air around it.
- Using a mortar and pestle, or a food processor, lightly grind the sage. Bless/consecrate it to transform harmful energy into positive and vibrant energy. Visualize the harmful, black energy being vibrated until it becomes clear or white; visualize the sage raising the vibration of the harmful energies.
- Blend the two together in your bowl, and empower your powder by visualizing your space being totally full of white, healthy, positive energy!
- Pour into your storage container or use it!
Copyright 2015 Jennifer McDonald (Aurora Moone) / All rights reserved.