Sweeten up your life with a quick, easy honey jar spell. Sometimes called a “sweetening jar” or “sugar jar spell”, this style of magick is one is a type of bottle spell. If you’re a fan of New Orleans, love the stories that surround Marie Laveau and her practices, or are delving into the craft of your African American ancestors, this is a great spell to add to your book of shadows. Pull up a broom for another of our free love spells!
Originally a Hoodoo spell brought to the southern United States by our ancestors, the honey jar spell works to sweeten any person, place, thing, or situation. While this spell works well for making haters nicer, getting someone to hire you, and making in-laws nicer, sweetening jars make great love spells that work. This makes a great addition to your work when you cast a love spell.
What can I use a honey jar spell for?
Honey jar spells are perfect if you’re looking for a:
- Love spell
- Friendship spell
- Job spell
- Justice spell
- Favoritism spell
- Teacher’s Pet spell
- Anti-abuse spell
- Get a Raise spell
- Time off at Work spell
- Stop Gossip spell
- Fall in Love spell
How do I make a Honey Jar Spell?
When to cast: Cast this spell when you want to make someone sweeten up to you. This makes people nicer, kinder, and warmer towards you. It can also invoke feelings of deep love.
Timing: New Moon, Waxing Moon, Full Moon
- 1 Glass Jar with a Lid
- 1 Pink Candle
- 1 piece Parchment Petition Paper (regular paper will work, too)
- 1 Pink Pen, Pencil, or Crayon
- Herbs for your goal:
- Cleanse: Cleanse your sacred space and spell items with a sage bundle or palo santo. Dip your jar into salted water or ammonia to cleanse it.
- Cast: If your spiritual path calls for it, cast a protective circle around your sacred space.
- Think of the person you want to sweeten and see them being nice to you.
- With your pink ink, write the name of the person you want to sweeten 7 times in a row, down the paper.
- Turn the paper 90 degrees. Write your name across their name 3 times.
- Finally, write how you want them to interact with you, in cursive, in a circle around your names. Do not lift your pen until the circle is complete.
- Draw hearts and other love symbols or sigils on the paper.
- Fold the paper towards you.
- Drop the paper in the jar, followed by the herbs.
- Pour the sugar on top to fill the jar ⅔ of the way full.
- Top with honey and close the lid.
- Place your pink candle on top of the jar and light it.
- Allow the candle to burn completely, sealing the magic into the jar.
- Spell upkeep: Store the jar someplace safe. Once a week or if the spell needs a boost, take the jar out and shake it.
- Close the circle: If you cast a circle for step two, take your circle down, now.