Love sweet, tart, lemon? Love dessert? Love Ostara? This Lemon + Lavender Ostara Cake makes the perfect dessert for potluck or the perfect cake for your circle’s cakes and ale!
Lemon + Lavender Ostara Cake Recipe
- ½ c. Butter room temperature (to make the spell go smoothly)
- ½ c. Sugar (to sweeten up the spell)
- 2 Eggs (to add creative energy)
- 1 ½ c. Self-rising Flour (to bring in prosperity)
- ⅛ tsp. Salt (to add protection)
- ¼ c. Milk (to add the energy of the Goddess)
- 1 Lemon zested (to call in friendship)
- 1 tsp. Lavender (to call in peace)
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract (to call in love)
- 1.5 Lemons juiced
- ⅞ c. Powdered Sugar
- ½ Lemon juiced
- ½ c. Powdered Sugar
Bake the Cake
- Preheat your oven to 355 F.
- Butter a 8” x 4” loaf pan with butter and set aside. Add parchment for easy removal, optional of course.
- In a large bowl, cream the ½ c. butter and the ½ c. sugar.
- Slowly add the 2 eggs and the lemon zest.
- When incorporated, fold in the 1 ½ c. flour, salt, vanilla extract, and teaspoon of lavender until well combined.
- Add milk and stir one last time. The batter will be thick.
- Pour into your prepared bread tin and bake for 45 minutes, or until skewer poked in the center comes out clean.
Make the Cake Liquor
- During the last 10 minutes of baking time, make a cake-moistening drizzle with the juice of 1.5 lemons and ⅞ cup of powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- When the cake is done, poke holes in the top of the loaf and drizzle the sweet liquid all over the hot cake.
- Cool completely in the pan.
Glaze the Cake
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 ½ cups of powdered sugar with the juice of half a lemon.
- Spread the icing over the cooled cake and decorate with the pinch of lavender!