Love sweet, tart, lemon? Love dessert? Love Ostara? This Lemon + Lavender Ostara Cake makes the perfect dessert for potluck or the perfect cake for your circle’s cakes and ale!
The natural vibrations of this citrus help manifest the energies of friendship, love, inspiration, and purification! Learn the spiritual meanings of lemon and the magical properties of lavender use them to enchant this delicious, magical cake!
Lemon + Lavender Ostara Cake Recipe
- ½ c. Butter room temperature (to make the spell go smoothly)
- ½ c. Sugar (to sweeten up the spell)
- 2 Eggs (to add creative energy)
- 1 ½ c. Self-rising Flour (to bring in prosperity)
- ⅛ tsp. Salt (to add protection)
- ¼ c. Milk (to add the energy of the Goddess)
- 1 Lemon zested (to call in friendship)
- 1 tsp. Lavender (to call in peace)
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract (to call in love)
- 1.5 Lemons juiced
- ⅞ c. Powdered Sugar
- ½ Lemon juiced
- ½ c. Powdered Sugar
Bake the Cake
- Preheat your oven to 355 F.
- Butter a 8” x 4” loaf pan with butter and set aside. Add parchment for easy removal, optional of course.
- In a large bowl, cream the ½ c. butter and the ½ c. sugar.
- Slowly add the 2 eggs and the lemon zest.
- When incorporated, fold in the 1 ½ c. flour, salt, vanilla extract, and teaspoon of lavender until well combined.
- Add milk and stir one last time. The batter will be thick.
- Pour into your prepared bread tin and bake for 45 minutes, or until skewer poked in the center comes out clean.
Make the Cake Liquor
- During the last 10 minutes of baking time, make a cake-moistening drizzle with the juice of 1.5 lemons and ⅞ cup of powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- When the cake is done, poke holes in the top of the loaf and drizzle the sweet liquid all over the hot cake.
- Cool completely in the pan.
Glaze the Cake
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 ½ cups of powdered sugar with the juice of half a lemon.
- Spread the icing over the cooled cake and decorate with the pinch of lavender!