Rosemary’s Witchcraft correspondences are pulled from an ancient wealth of spiritual uses.
This woody, pine-scented, slightly astringent herb is referenced in many religious contexts, but just like energy, herbs are not bound to one specific sect.
Anyone can use this magical herb to create change in their lives.
Rosemary is an herb whose correspondences transcend religious boundaries. Known in many vastly different spiritual traditions, this pine-scented culinary herb has been used by Witches, Christians, Ancient Greeks, and more!
Table of contents
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Use it to substitute other herbs in spells, or use it for protection, removal of unwanted scenes, and blessings!
Here’s our list of the magickal correspondences of Rosemary! Have other herbs you’re curious about? See our dictionary of magical herb properties!
Magical Properties of Rosemary | A Materia Magicka
- Rosmarinus officinalis
- Dew of the Sea
- Sea Dew
- Ros Maris
- The Virgin Mary.
- Third Eye
- Solar Plexus
Magical Properties Of Rosemary
- All-Purpose: Like white candles, this herb can be substituted for any herb in spells.
- Attract Elves: Grow it in your garden to win the favor of the elves.
- Dispel thieves: Grow it by your doors and under windows to keep burglars away.
- Exorcism: Burn a bundle of it to drive out unwanted entities and energies.
- Faithfulness: Create a wreath out of it and hang it on your door to keep your lover faithful.
- Home Blessing: Dip a bundle of this herb in moon water and sprinkle the water around your home.
- Jealousy removal: Light a dried sprig. As it burns, visualize the energies of jealousy being transformed by the flame.
- Memory: Place a sprig under your pillow to dream a forgotten memory or increase your memory.
- Purification: Fill a mesh sachet with the dried leaves, and place it under your bath’s running water. Enjoy this cleansing bath for 15 – 30 minutes. Burn a sprig like a smudge stick to purify and cleanse a space
- Stop gossip: Keep a plant on your desk or in the workroom to steer gossip away.
- Substitute for Frankincense: This is an easy-to-grow alternative for frankincense.
What are some of your favorite ways to use it in your magickal working?
Let us know in the comments below!
Copyright 2019 Plentiful Earth, LLC. / All Rights Reserved.
You may also like: