Dark, bitter, and mysterious, cranberries are most well known for their use between Samhain and Yule. Cranberry sauce, juice, and wine are delicious, nutritious, and highly magickal! Yes, witches, that can of cranberry sauce can easily be bewitched for love and energy. In fact, if your ritual calls for wine, cranberry juice makes a great ritual substitute for wine!
Here’s our list of the magickal properties of Cranberries!
Magickal Correspondences of Cranberries | Cranberries Materia Magicka
- Vaccinium macrocarpon (US variety)
- Vaccinium oxycoccos (UK variety)
Folk Names for Cranberries
- Bog fruit
Gender of Cranberries
Elements that Rule Cranberries
Planets that Rule Cranberries
Signs that Rule Cranberries
Deities that Rule Cranberries
Chakras that work with Cranberries
- Root Chakra
Cranberries’ Magickal Properties
- Abundance: Write what you want to fill your life with onto a piece of paper. Place that paper onto a plate and pour enough cranberries to fill the plate. Visualize that your life is full of what you wish for, just like a bog is filled with cranberries. Cook and eat the berries.
- Energy: Make homemade cranberry sauce with cinnamon and clove. Enchant for increasing energy.
- Healing: Place cranberries in a bowl and place it under the bed during healing or rest.
- Love: Cook with cranberries to inspire love.
- Ritual Wine substitute: Use cranberry juice as a substitute for wine in your rituals and spells.
Cranberries’ Medicinal Properties
Cranberries have been seen as effective against:
- Bladder infections
- Urinary tract infections
- If you are taking aspirin, do not ingest cranberry juice.
What are some of your favorite ways to use Cranberries in your magickal working?
Let us know in the comments below!
Copyright 2018 Plentiful Earth / All Rights Reserved.