Warm, soothing, comforting, tasty, and magickal, oregano conjures up vibrations of love, family, and happiness. Oregano is a popular herb used in Italian food, and this makes sense; after all, doesn’t Italian food bring the family together in the best way?
Oregano is a powerful herb that can be used in friendship spells, spells to help people fall deeper into love, kitchen witchcraft, and so much more!
Here’s our list of the magickal properties of Oregano! This list is comprised of Wiccan and Pagan lore and experience.
Magickal Correspondences of Oregano | Oregano Materia Magicka
- Origanum vulgare
- Wild marjoram
- Bastard marjoram
- Greek oregano
- Pot marjoram
Elements that Rule Oregano
Planets that Rule Oregano
Signs that Rule Oregano
Deities that Rule Oregano
Chakras that work with Oregano
- Heart Chakra
Oregano’s Magickal Properties
- Courage: Bathe in an infusion of oregano to calm your nerves and give you clarity to move forward in the face of adversity.
- Happiness: Add oregano to happiness charms to invoke instant feelings of joy.
- Forget Old Lovers: Pinch leaves off of the oregano plant, smell the scent, and let the leaf drop out of your hands.
- Justice: Burn dried oregano leaves and send intentions through the smoke that justice will be served.
- Letting Go: Burn oregano incense and decorate your loved one’s grave with oregano to help you let go and to help them move on.
- Love: Add oregano to love potions and spells to help deepen an existing relationship.
- Luck: Dress a candle or good luck charm with oregano essential oil to expedite good luck.
- Protection: Grind up dried oregano and add it to your carpet sprinkle to aid in protecting your home.
- Psychic Dreams: Tuck oregano sprigs into your pillow to help conjure prophetic dreams.
- Tranquility: Keep potted plants in rooms that experience high tension. Oregano will lessen the effects of any harmful words, thoughts, and vibes.
Oregano’s Medicinal Properties
Oregano has been seen as effective against:
- Athlete’s foot
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Insect bites
- Respiratory Infections
- Sinus infections
- Varicose veins
- Do not ingest oregano if pregnant, breastfeeding, have a bleeding disorder, or are about to go through surgery.
- Oregano may lower blood sugar levels; do not ingest if diabetic.
What are some of your favorite ways to use Oregano in your magickal working? Let us know in the comments below!
Copyright 2018 Plentiful Earth / All Rights Reserved.