Most often used around Thanksgiving, common sage or garden sage has an amazing flavor and aroma when added to turkey, poultry, gumbo, and so much more!
Common sage should never be confused with white sage, blue sage, or clary sage. It should never be burned or used in smudge sticks, but it can still be used in many great spells and rituals.
Here’s our list of the magickal properties of Common Sage!
Table of contents
Magickal Correspondences of Common Sage | Common Sage Materia Magicka
- Salvia officinalis
- Garden Sage
- Kitchen Sage
- Virgin Mary
- Third Eye chakra
- Crown chakra
- Sacral chakra
Common Sage’s Magical Properties
- Clarity: Drink the tea or smell a fresh sprig to promote mental clarity.
- Grant Wishes: Write your wish on a leaf and sleep with it under your pillow for 3 days. Bury it in the backyard.
- Grounding: Rub a plant or drink sage tea to ground yourself.
- Money: Carry the leaves in your wallet to call money into your life.
- Nightmare Relief: Sleep with the dried herb under your pillow to ward off bad dreams.
- Removing Ego: Tie a leaf to a photo or poppet of a person to reduce their ego.
- Wisdom: Tuck a leaf behind your ear to call in wisdom.
What are some of your favorite ways to use this witch herb in your magickal working? Let us know in the comments below!
Copyright 2018 Jennifer “Aurora Moone” McDonald / All Rights Reserved.
You may also like: