Most often used around Thanksgiving, common sage or garden sage has an amazing flavor and aroma when added to turkey, poultry, gumbo, and so much more! Common sage should never be confused with white sage, blue sage, or clary sage. It should never be burned or used in smudge sticks, but it can still be used in many great spells and rituals.
Here’s our list of the magickal properties of Common Sage!
Magickal Correspondences of Common Sage | Common Sage Materia Magicka
- Salvia officinalis
Folk Names for Common Sage
- Garden Sage
- Kitchen Sage
Gender of Common Sage
Elements that Rule Common Sage
Planets that Rule Common Sage
Signs that Rule Common Sage
Deities that Rule Common Sage
- Virgin Mary
Chakras that work with Common Sage
- Third Eye chakra
- Crown chakra
- Sacral chakra
Common Sage’s Magickal Properties
- Clarity: Drink sage tea or smell a fresh sprig of sage to promote mental clarity.
- Grant Wishes: Write your wish on a sage leaf and sleep with it under your pillow for 3 days. Bury it in the backyard.
- Grounding: Rub a sage plant or drink sage tea to ground yourself.
- Money: Carry sage leaves in your wallet to call money into your life.
- Nightmare Relief: Sleep with sage under your pillow to ward off bad dreams.
- Removing Ego: Tie a sage leaf to a photo or poppet of a person to reduce their ego.
- Wisdom: Tuck a sage leaf behind your ear to call in wisdom.
Common Sage’s Medicinal Properties
Common Sage has been seen as effective against:
- Cold sores
- High cholesterol
- Memory issues
- Menopausal symptoms
- Do not ingest if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Sage can lower blood sugar levels; do not ingest if you are diabetic.
- Do not ingest if you have a hormone-sensitive condition.
- Do not ingest if you are prone to seizures.
What are some of your favorite ways to use Common Sage in your magickal working?
Let us know in the comments below!
Copyright 2018 Jennifer “Aurora Moone” McDonald / All Rights Reserved.