Amethyst, a variety of quartz, is every Witch’s favorite crystal!
Deeply purple with shimmering flashes of clear quartz, amethyst’s properties make it a great, all-purpose crystal that specializes in happiness, psychic ability, and peace.
Add this purple stone to crystal grids, baths, gem waters, spell sachets, pillows, and more!
When used in magic, this stone helps connect your third eye and mind to your Higher Self through your crown chakra.
This connection helps you pull mystical information and manifest goals faster.
When used in metaphysical healing, its healing properties help depression, insomnia, and mood swings.
Table of contents
Amethyst Spiritual Properties In Magic, Spells, and Healing
Aside from amethyst being a beautiful Witch name for girls, this gem is perfect to use in spells! Hold your amethyst crystal, visualize your goal, ask the purple crystal to help you along the way, and see yourself completing that goal.
- Amethystos, ancient Greek for “Sober”
Is Amethyst Water Soluble?
Is Amethyst Toxic?
- Saint Valentine
- Crown chakra
- Third eye chakra
- Balance: Wear this excellent stone or place it into a crystal grid to promote balance within your life. You can also create an indirect gem elixir to add to your detox juice and smoothie recipes.
- Breaks addictions and bad habits: Place this crystal into your pocket and rub it anytime you feel an itch to relapse. You can also use this purple gem in crystal healing during detoxification stages.
- Calming: Sleep with this purple crystal under your pillow or hold it in your hands during meditation to feel its calming effects. Deeper purple gems work best for this.
- Chastity: Wear jewelry made of this beautiful crystal and empower it to keep passions low when worn.
- Clarity: Drink an indirect gem elixir anytime you need to have clarity or focus.
- Cleansing: Add this purple crystal to a sage spray to enhance the power of your office and home cleansings. It’s great at removing negative energies.
- Courage: Drink a gem tonic made of this crystal or wear the crystal in order to evoke courage from this empowering gem.
- Happiness: Create a crystal grid of this crystal and chrysoprase to invite happiness into your life and home.
- Healing: Place this crystal on the body during healing rituals to pull healing energies into your aura.
- Humility: Carry a pocket stone or attach a piece of the crystal to a poppet or voodoo doll to bring the ego down.
- Intelligence: Wear a circlet or headband with this crystal on it to increase your intelligence.
- Luck: Rub your hands with this crystal before gambling or gaze into the crystal to scry for lucky lottery numbers.
- Meditation: Sit in the center of a crystal grid or hold this crystal in your hands when meditating; it will help you uncover the mysteries of yourself and the unseen world around you.
- Optimism: Make a happiness spell bottle by including these crystals, olive leaves, rose quartz crystals, and sunflower petals; carry this on you at all times.
- Peace: Place these crystals around a white candle. Carve the candle with the person or place that needs peace. Light the candle.
- Protection, especially against thieves: Bury this protective stone at the four corners of your property or areas of your home to create a crystal grid of protection around your house.
- Psychic abilities: Make psychic tea using this gem elixir, eyebright, lavender, and chamomile. The vibrations of this stone help to open the third eye and help you connect to your higher mind.
- Psychic dreams: Enchant this crystal for psychic dreams and place it under your pillow while you sleep. Its vibrations help your mind expand through your crown chakra to retrieve information through a connection to the divine.
- Relaxation: Rest this stone on top of your third eye or use a crystal wand to rub the temples of your head or the chakra points of your body.
- Sobriety: Folklore says that drinking out of a cup made of this stone will keep you from getting drunk! We like to use it for battling addiction in spells. It makes a great token for recovering addicts, too!
- Victory: Wear a statement necklace made of this crystal or carry it in your pocket anytime you need a win!
- Wisdom: Meditate with this crystal and ask to receive divine wisdom for any question you may have
How to Cleanse Amethyst
- Moonlight: Because the sunlight can fade the color of this crystal, cleansing under a full moon is best!
- Running water: One of the easiest ways to cleanse this, and other non-water-soluble crystals is to place it under running water; yes, tap water will work!
- Salt: The easiest way to cleanse this stone is to place it on a bowl of salt when not in use.
- Saltwater: Placing this gem in saltwater will quickly reset its vibrations.
- Soil: Another easy way to keep this crystal cleansed is to place it on soil or in a potted plant’s pot.
- Drink responsibly; amethyst doesn’t remove all alcohol from your system.
You May Also Like:
Buy Amethyst Items from us — Plentiful Earth!
Healing Gem Candle: Lavender, Amethyst & Soy Wax$17.95
Quartz Chakra Bracelet$10.95
Chakra Gemstone Tree Of Life Pendant$6.95
Amethyst & Hematite Crystal Bead Goddess Charm Bracelet$7.95
Amethyst Tree Of Life Wire-Wrapped Necklace$15.95
Chevron Amethyst Pendant$8.95
Amethyst & Black Tourmaline Crystal Pendant$14.95
What are some of your favorite ways to use Amethyst in your magickal working?
Let us know in the comments below!
Copyright 2022 Plentiful Earth, LLC. / All Rights Reserved.