Crystals are a girl’s best friend, whether that crystal be a beautifully glitzy diamond, a deeply grounding tourmaline, or a man-made opalite with a stunning rainbow opalescence. We feel pulled to the beauty and vibrations of crystals for so many reasons and on so many levels. As humans in our current busy, contained environments, we have a deep pull to return to the earth and its healing in any way possible. We are naturally attuned to the vibrations of the earth, and our own bodies exude and absorb the vibrations of what is around you; computers, electricity, and sometimes even other people drain your energies, while earthing, grounding, and crystal work refill and refine your energies!
Just as humans can get a build up of harmful, negative energies and need a clearing and recharge from time to time, crystals also need a little love! I recommend that you cleanse, clear, and recharge, or re-attune, your crystals right after you buy them and then at least once a month after that, more often if you are working through stronger and more challenging healing. There are many ways to cleanse and recharge your crystals, and as with many things on our paths, no one way is correct! Experiment with what works best for your lifestyle!
To Cleanse and Clear Harmful, Negative Energies from your Crystals, Stones, and Gems you can:
- Recharge your crystals under the Sun and Moon: Place your crystals, stones, and gems outside for 24 hours, allowing them to absorb the rays and energy of the Sun and Moon! Think about when you take a moment to step outside and feel the warmth of the Sun on your skin or the mystery of the Moon in your eyes; that exposure recharges the crystals just as it gives you an amazing boost of energy! Be cautious with this method, as some crystals and minerals fade in the sunlight; use another method for crystals such as amethyst, fluorite, rose quartz, and colored calcite.
- Smudge your crystals with sage: When sage is burned, its vibration raises the energy levels around it to their highest state; the heightening of low or harmful energies to their highest and most pure form elevates and clears those energy patterns. By smudging your crystals with sage, you are returning the crystal’s own vibration to its highest and most clean form.
- Rinse your crystals and stones in running water: Why do we love swimming? It is a natural cleanser of deep emotion and heightens our connection to the earth. When we take a step into moving water, dirt is washed off of our bodies and spiritual “dirt” is removed from our subtle bodies. This is the same for crystals! Let them be cleansed in running water for at least two hours. However, be cautious; some crystals are water-soluble, or dissolve in water. If you have water-soluble crystals like calcite, gypsum, halite, pyrite, and others, please use another method to cleanse them.
- Bury your crystals in Earth or Salt: The earth is a natural “vacuum” for harmful and negative energies, sucking them out of our bodies and recycling them into new, healthy energy. By placing crystals back into their original environment, they are naturally attuned to their original states. Let the crystal sit in non-fertilized soil or natural salt for at least 24 hours; be sure to mark where you’ve buried your crystals!
- Psychically cleanse your crystals: If you have the power of visualization and concentration, this is a quick and easy way of clearing your crystals for their future work! Simply place the crystals in front of you or in your hands and envelope them in strong, divine, universal white light. Visualize the white light permeating the structures of the crystals. Seek out patches of gray or dark clouds and visualize the white light vibrating those away. When your crystals feel cleansed and energized, thank the Universe and your guides for their help.