Looking for a creamy, sweet, milk-packed cake for your Imbolc celebration? Our kitchen witchcraft never fails to deliver the most amazing cakes for your cakes and ale. (Don’t believe us? Try our Lemon + Lavender Ostara Cake!)
If you’re reading this recipe, it’s likely getting close to Imbolc! (Or you have a massive sweet tooth as Aurora does!) We can’t wait for you to fall in love with this cake, soaked with milk and vanilla!
What is Imbolc?
Imbolc is the first celebration of Spring. It’s a beautiful time when the first plants and flowers begin poking out from the last snow, new baby birds begin to sing, and new mama animals begin giving out milk for their new babies.
So, in addition to crafting Brigid Crosses, you can invite some kitchen witchery into your home by cooking with milk! Working with milk helps us celebrate the nurturing aspects of this season of renewal.
What if I can’t celebrate Imbolc because no one knows I’m a Witch?
We know how it goes. Sometimes it can be tough to celebrate a Wiccan or Witches’ Sabbat if you’re a closeted, secret Witch! We’ve all been there. The great thing about Witchcraft is that it doesn’t require tools to make change. As long as you have a goal, intention, willpower, and visualization, you can cast a spell and celebrate Pagan holidays!
How? Be being a Kitchen Witch!
Anytime you cook, familiarize yourself with the magical correspondences and meanings of each ingredient. As you add it to your recipe, visualize how that ingredient helps your goal manifest!
Tres Leches Cake Recipe for Imbolc
- Stand Mixer, Hand Mixer, or Whisk
- 1.5 c. all-purpose flour Magical properties: protection, healing
- 1 tsp. baking powder Magical properties: purification, cleansing
- .5 c. butter, unsalted Magical properties: smooth manifestation
- 1 c. white sugar Magical properties: sweeten up the spell
- 5 eggs Magical properties: manifestation, protection, fertility
- .5 tsp. vanilla extract Magical properties: love, friendship, happiness
- 2 c. whole milk Magical properties: purification, nurturing, growth
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk Magical properties: longevity, sweeten up the spell
- 12 oz. evaporated milk Magical properties: concentration
- 1.5 c. heavy whipping cream Magical properties: mother energy, nurturing, happiness
- 1 c. sugar Magical properties: sweeten up the spell
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract Magical properties: love, friendship, happiness
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional) Magical properties: speed up manifestation, money
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13” baking pan.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- Cream butter and 1 cup sugar together in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Add eggs and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; beat well.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture 1/3 at a time; mix until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Pierce the cooked sponge cake several times with a fork.
- Combine the whole milk, condensed milk, and evaporated milk together. Pour over the top of the cooled cake.
- Whip whipping cream, the remaining 1 cup of the sugar, and the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla together until thick. Spread over the top of the cake. Optional: Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Copyright 2021 Plentiful Earth, LLC. / All Rights Reserved.