Almonds, an amazing aphrodisiac, are sacred to the warm, festive Wiccan and Pagan holiday of Beltane! What better way to enjoy them than in a perfectly crispy, dippable, dunkable, slice of Italian biscotti?
Dipping these into a beautiful latte is just one of our favorite ways to demonstrate the Great Rite during the ritual or the fire festival feast! It is said that the word “aphrodisiac” comes from Aphrodite’s, the Greek goddess of Love’s, name. So, we may or may not be recommending that our safe Witches use this magical recipe to increase sexual desire. Wink, wink.
This is a traditional biscotti recipe, which consists of a two-step baking process! Chopped almonds are mixed in with brown sugar, olive oil, almond extract, lemon zest, and other Beltane food correspondences to make a perfect Witchy dessert.
How do I use a magical, Kitchen Witch recipe?
To the side of each ingredient, we list the magical correspondences of that item. As you are preparing it or adding it to your recipe, speak and visualize the part of your desire that the ingredient helps with.
Almond Biscotti for Beltane
- Serrated knife (or very sharp knife)
- Cutting board
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- 1 c Almonds, raw, whole Magical properties: aphrodisiac, luck, beauty, prosperity
- 2.25 c All-purpose flour Magical properties: binding, protection, attraction
- 1.5 tsp Baking powder Magical properties: air, expansion, growth
- .5 tsp Salt Magical properties: purification, cleansing
- .5 c Sugar Magical properties: sweeten up the spell
- .75 c Brown sugar Magical properties: sweeten up the spell
- 3 Eggs, large Magical properties: manifestation, fertility, protection
- .5 c Olive oil Magical properties: peace, smooth transition
- 1 tbsp Almond extract Magical properties: aphrodisiac, beauty, prosperity, luck
- .5 tsp Vanilla extract Magical properties: happiness, optimism, new love
- 1 tsp Lemon zest Magical properties: optimism, friendship, new love
- Preheat oven to 325* and place rack in center of oven.
- Toast almonds for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add oil, extracts, and zest and whisk lightly.
- When almonds are cool, roughly chop.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture. Stir until just incorporated.
- Fold in almonds.
First Bake (cooks the loaves)
- Make two loaves by scooping half of dough onto one side of a baking sheet. Scoop second half of dough onto the other side of the baking sheet. Form into loaves.
- Bake for at least 30 minutes, or until golden brown and firm.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
Second Bake (crisps the individual biscotti)
- Slice into ½ – 3/4 “ thick slices and place back onto baking sheet. A serrated knife and a cutting board works perfectly.
- Bake for additional 15 – 20 minutes, or until desired crispiness. Turn them over halfway through baking.
- Cool on a wire rack. Store in sealed container at room temp for 3 weeks or freeze up to 3 months.
What’s your favorite Beltane recipe?
Copyright 2021 Plentiful Earth, LLC. / All Rights Reserved.