Witches and mugwort go together like Halloween and black cats! Chances are, if you glance into the pantry of a practitioner of magic or Wicca, you’ll find this powerful herb. Not only does it give its users a glimpse into the unknown, but it is also a great healing herb. This well-rounded plant has definitely earned a spot in your next book of shadows entry!
Mugwort Magickal Properties | Mugwort Materia Magicka
- Artemisia vulgaris
- Sailor’s tobacco
- Crone Goddesses
- Third eye
Mugwort’s Magickal Properties
- Astral travel: Create a charm pendant with dried mugwort and resin to wear when performing astral travel.
- Clairvoyance: Carry a piece of the dried herb on you at all times to increase your natural clairvoyant abilities.
- Energy work: Use a branch of this plant to move energy around a space before and after energy healing or Reiki.
- Intuition: Drink a tea made of this, black tea leaves, and chamomile to increase your natural intuitive powers.
- Moon magick: Steep this herb in your moon water to add additional energy to your esbat ritual.
- Perception: Anoint an eye amulet with the oil or tea made from this plant to increase your ability to notice small but important details.
- Prophetic dreams: Tuck it into your pillow or create an eye pillow filled with the herb plus lavender to bring on psychic dreams.
- Protection: Hang a bunch of this dried herb above your doors to protect your home or business from harmful people and energy.
- Psychic abilities: Drink a tea made from this herb to heighten your ability to see the unknown. Additionally, wash your crystal ball or mirrors in a wash made from the leaves and stems.
- Psychic protection: Burn this incense or place a bit of the dried herb onto a lit charcoal tablet to purify and protect your space from psychic and energetic attacks.
- Remote viewing: Make and drink a tea before doing remote viewing to help enhance your psychic vision.
- Wisdom: Meditate and journey to meet this plant’s Deva. Once there, ask what you need to learn from it. Accept any gifts and thank it before returning to your own realm.
Mugwort’s Medicinal Properties
When used alongside and with your doctor’s recommendations, it has been seen as effective against:
- Itching from burns
- Low energy
- Mugwort’s active ingredient, thujone, can be absorbed through the skin.
- Mugwort pollen may cause a seasonal allergic reaction.
- Mugwort can cause uterine contractions; do not use if pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Mugwort can cause mania and paranoia when taken in large doses internally.
- If you are allergic to tobacco, birch, wild carrot, white mustard, honey, hazelnuts, latex, olives, kiwi, mango, peach, pine nuts, or fennel, you may also be allergic to mugwort.
Shop for Mugwort
What are some of your favorite ways to use Mugwort in your magickal working?
Let us know in the comments below!
Copyright 2020 Plentiful Earth, LLC. / All Rights Reserved.