Elderberry is one of an herbalist’s favorite magical herbs!
Popular in delicious, cinnamony, warm elderberry syrup, this small but powerful berry works to boost your immune system as well as break curses and offer you the protection of the Fae and more!
In this guide:
Whether you use this berry dried and simmered or powdered for spells and dyes, you will love all of the energy and vibes of this small, dark purple fruit.
According to lore, you should always respect the fruits of the Elder tree.
Before purchasing and bringing elderberries into your home, meditate and ask the Elder tree deva if you can receive the blessing of using her fruit for your working.
Magickal Properties of Elderberry | Materia Magicka
- Sambucus nigra
- Queen of the Faeries
- Throat Chakra
- Root Chakra
Magickal Properties Of Elderberry
- Astral Travel: Drink the tea before bed or sleep with a dream sachet from the dried berries to increase astral travel; you may even see the land of the fairies!
- Blessing: Create flower water to bless items and people.
- Curse and Hex Removal: Bathe in the tea to help remove curses and hexes. You can also coat a candle in dried berry dust to break a hex.
- Emotional Balance: Add the tea to your bath water to help heal emotional issues.
- Healing: Elderberry syrup is a fantastic way to keep your immune system healthy, supplement your immune system by creating a healing charm with dried berries included.
- Intuition: Anoint your third eye with the tea to increase intuition.
- Protection: Wear a charm made from or filled with a dried berry to protect you from physical attacks.
- Rebirth: Anoint yourself with the oil or water to aid in rituals of renewal and rebirth.
- Underworld Work: Coming from the tree of life, these berries make a great addition to any journeying work or work with other realms.
What are some of your favorite ways to use this herb in your magickal working?
Let us know in the comments below!
You may also like:
Copyright 2020 Plentiful Earth, LLC. / All Rights Reserved.