Autumn and winter are around the corner. What better way to warm up and stay healthy than with a creamy bowl of Cauliflower Cheddar Soup?
In This Recipe
Simmered with heavy cream as its thickener, this soup is perfect for anyone following a gluten-free diet, low-carb diet, high-fat diet, or keto diet.
So, if you’re someone who suffers from wheat gluten or wheat allergies, a person trying to maintain nutritional ketosis, a Kitchen Witch following a low-carbohydrate diet, or someone watching their insulin levels, this soup is a great option to try!
What Is Cauliflower Cheddar Soup?
Cauliflower cheddar soup is a creamy, cheesy, alternative to broccoli cheddar soup! It tastes just as good as the creamy brews you get in bread bowls at the pub or chain.
Cauliflower florets are gently simmered in water, making them incredibly tender and melt-in-your-mouth.
After they reach a soft, but firm texture, heavy cream and sharp cheddar cheese are added and stirred until the soup reaches a silky mouthfeel.
Don’t worry; this soup is not pureed, so you can enjoy the texture of the cauliflower.
If you love broccoli cheddar soup, you will fall in love with this warm, chunky, cheesy, autumn meal.
What Does Intentional Cooking Mean?
Many people call it Kitchen Witchcraft, and here at Plentiful Earth, we know they’re right.
When you cook with intention, it’s important to recognize that each ingredient has vitamins, minerals, and energies that can influence your body, mind, spirit, and life.
As you cook this recipe, recognize and state the purpose of each ingredient as you use it.
You can choose to say, “this cauliflower is good for helping me manifest protection and good health” as you chop and add it to the pot.
When you state how an ingredient is going to help you, your mind and body follow suit.
Don’t believe us? Give it a try!
To help you set intentions, we’ve included links to each ingredient’s magical & energetic properties.
How To Make Cauliflower Cheddar Soup
Cauliflower cheddar soup is one of our favorite quick recipes. It takes only 5 active minutes to make, meaning it’s perfect for a quick bite or lunch between Zoom meetings.
Cauliflower Cheddar Soup Ingredients
To make this a keto-friendly recipe, we’ve removed any carbs and gluten-containing grains from this recipe.
Also, to help you set intentions for your meal, we’ll walk you through each ingredient so you know how to work with it, in a metaphysical sense!
- Frozen Cauliflower Florets: Using the frozen florets saves you time since you don’t have to worry about chopping and cleaning a full head cauliflower. Also, its fiber content helps regulate blood sugar and reduce net carbs, making it a great addition to low-carb diets. Spiritually, its energy aligns with protection and emotional regulation. Visualize that as you cook with it!
- Thyme: This woody herb adds a beautiful warm, southern flavor to the meal. Since this recipe is all about ease, we’ll be using dried thyme to speed up the process. No prep means more time for visualization. Speaking of, the spiritual energy of thyme is strength, courage, and good health. Visualize those as you add the herb to the pot.
- Tarragon: Great with chicken and cheese, tarragon complements thyme; their flavors just pair so well together! When you add tarragon to the pot, visualize compassion, nurturing, and personal growth; these are just a few of the energetic vibes of tarragon.
- Water: Water helps keep you hydrated, and yes, soups add to your daily hydration levels! If you want to visualize the energy that water brings, visualize that everything you manifest in life comes smoothly and effortlessly.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: Heavy whipping cream is a gluten-free diet-friendly, blood sugar-friendly, and keto diet-friendly way to thicken soups and gravies. In this soup, cream takes the place of wheat gluten, which is usually used to thicken a cheddar-based or cauliflower soup. Spiritually, cream’s energy aligns with good health, nurturing, and strength. Visualize yourself as strong and healthy as you add this ingredient.
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese: We love cheese that brings flavor, and sharp cheddar brings a lot of cheesy goodness to this cauliflower soup. Mild cheddar’s flavor doesn’t come through as well as sharp, so we highly recommend using sharp cheddar cheese. Additionally, this ingredient acts as a protein source for this recipe. If you need to up your protein intake a little more, feel free to top this soup with a crispy fried egg. For a magical bonus, visualize longevity, hardiness, and protection as you add this ingredient to your soup.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese: Some people like to use kosher salt in their cauliflower soups; we prefer parmesan cheese. This umami bomb adds a stringy, melty texture to the soup. When it comes to adding a spiritual element to this recipe, parmesan cheese’s energy vibrates at the same frequency as protection.
Even if you don’t want to add a magical twist to your meal, definitely give it a try! You’ll be so happy you did!
Step 1 – Boil: Bring 1 cup of frozen cauliflower florets to a boil in 3/4 cup of water. Sprinkle in 1/4 teaspoon of thyme and 1/8 teaspoon of tarragon. Once it reaches a boil, turn down the heat and let it simmer for about 8 minutes with the lid on. This lets the cauliflower break down, which provides the soft texture and slight thinking we need, since we’re not using flour.
Step 2 – Thicken: Pour in 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream, 1/3 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, and 3 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese. Remove from heat and stir until all of the cheese is melted and the soup is as smooth as silk.
Step 3 – Serve: Serve immediately!
Simple Keto & Gluten-Free Cauliflower Cheddar Soup | Intentional Cooking
- 1 Small saucepan
- 1 Rubber Spatula
- Bring water to a boil.½ c. Water
- Reduce heat and add frozen cauliflower, kosher salt, thyme, and tarragon. Cover and simmer for 8 minutes, or until cauliflower reaches your favorite texture.1 c. Frozen Cauliflower Florets, ¼ tsp. Kosher Salt, ¼ tsp. Dried Thyme, ⅛ tsp. Dried Tarragon
- Add heavy cream, bring to simmer.½ c. Heavy Cream
- Remove form heat, stir in cheese.⅓ c. Sharp Cheddar Cheese, 3 tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
What to Serve With This Soup
This cauliflower soup is great on its own! If soup is an appetizer or a side in your tradition, try pairing it with one of our favorite recipes:
How to Store & Freeze This Soup
This soup can be stored for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
To reheat it, simply place it on the stove over low heat and slowly bring it up to your favorite temperature.
While you can freeze this soup, we’ve found that the fats of this recipe become grainy when defrosted. If you freeze it, it will keep for 6 months.
To defrost it, allow it to thaw in the refrigerator before reheating it on the stove.
Copyright 2022 Plentiful Earth, LLC. / All Rights Reserved.