Mabon and Samhain are two of a Witches’ favorite holidays!
They’re both times for us to go within and reconnect with our Selves and our families!
Whether you’re enjoying a Witches’ Thanksgiving Mabon feast with your family or honoring your ancestors at Samhain, this savory, homey main dish will reconnect you with the love of your family.
What is a Magical Recipe?
A magical recipe is any recipe that’s made with a specific intention in mind. Each of the ingredients that go into the dish add specific energy to work towards your intention’s manifestation! Just like in a normal spell, you should visualize your goal as having happened. As you prepare and add the ingredients, state how its energy helps your spell. Visualize that whoever eats your cooking gets your intention manifested!
This particular lamb shank recipe contains ingredients that help remove negative energy from your family and allows the room to reconnect with relatives and ancestors!
Braised Lamb Shanks Magical Recipe for a Happy Family
- Saute pan
- Cutting board
- 4 Lamb Shanks Magical properties: Compassion, inner child healing, family connection
- 2 tsp. Kosher Salt Magical properties: Purification, cleansing, blessing
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil Magical properties: Peace, smooth transitions
- 2 Onions Magical properties: Removing harmful energies, grounding, protection
- 2 Celery Stalks Magical properties: Mental clarity, psychic awareness
- 2 Carrots Magical properties: Grounding, clairvoyance
- 2 cups Red Wine Magical properties: Grounding, strength, ancestor connection
- 1 cup Beef Stock Magical properties: Strengthening bonds, empowerment
- ½ tsp. Dried Thyme Magical properties: Happiness, banishing negative energy
- 3 Garlic Cloves Magical properties: Protection, banishing harmful energy
- 1 Bay Leaf Magical properties: Blessings, good luck, wishes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Trim the external fat from the lamb shanks.
- Dice the onions, celery, and carrots. Crush the garlic cloves.
- In a large, deep saute pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil until nearly smoking.
- Season the lamb shanks with salt. Brown the shanks on all sides, about 5 minutes total. Transfer to a plate. Work in batches if you need to.
- Add the onions, celery and carrots to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are golden and translucent.
- Add the wine to deglaze the pan. Scrape up any browned bits of flavor from the bottom of the pan.
- Bring the wine to a simmer, and add the stock, thyme, garlic, bay leaf and shanks and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pan, transfer to the oven and cook for about 2 hours or until the meat is almost falling off the bone. Using tongs, transfer the shanks to a large serving bowl.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Using a blender, puree until smooth.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper. Pour the sauce over the lamb shanks and serve!