Essential oil is almost always accompanied by the phrase “carrier oils”. Why? Because carrier oils help carry safely diluted amounts of oil to your skin! The best news? You likely have a carrier oil already, right in your kitchen!
The most basic carrier oils can be found in the kitchen, for cooking, or in your closet, for your hair. Each carrier oil has its own added benefits, so, use the guide below to help pick the oil that boosts your DIY natural beauty recipe!
A Quick Guide to Carrier Oils and their Benefits
Argan Oil Skin Benefits
- Super moisturizing
- Loaded with vitamin E
- Packed with fatty acids
Jojoba Oil Skin Benefits
- Softens skin
- Makes skin incredibly soft
Coconut Oil Skin Benefits
- PS, I call this one “the all natural, put it anywhere miracle worker.”
- Keeps skin hydrated and strong
- Filled with fatty acids
Olive Oil Skin Benefits
- Antibacterial properties
- Rich in vitamins.
Sweet Almond Oil Skin Benefits
- Perfect for irritated or sensitive skin
- High in omega-3s.
Grapeseed Oil Skin Benefits
- Helps restore collagen (anti-aging).
- Filled with antioxidants that help calm inflammation
Copyright 2018 Stephanie Rivera + Plentiful Earth / All Rights Reserved.