Whether you love to practice Kitchen Magic, traditional Wicca, or you are an Eclectic Witch, the magical properties of Tarragon are wonderful for anyone to use in love spells, peace spells, courage spells, and more! No matter what your beliefs and practices are, there’s a place for this sweet, savory herb in your herb or kitchen cabinet.
Popular in French cooking and European countries, this herb is known by many names, each of which speaks to its magical nature.
When it grows, its serpentine-like root system fights other plants, strangling them for domination over your garden; this is where the French folk name of “Little Dragon” comes in. In this instance, we’re seeing a very strong example of fire energy within this fine herb.
What does Tarragon taste like?
Tarragon has a beautiful, light, subtle anise flavor, which you may recognize if you cook with Herbs de Provence. If you’d love to try cooking with tarragon, it goes very well with chicken, fish, eggs, veal, rabbit, turkey, roasted vegetables, and salad dressings.
Here’s our list of the magickal correspondences of Tarragon!
Magickal Properties of Tarragon | Tarragon Materia Magicka
- Artemisia dracunculus
- Dragon’s Mugwort
- Little Dragon
- Petit Dragon
Signs that Rule Tarragon
Deities that Rule Tarragon
Chakras that work with Tarragon
- Root Chakra
- Sacral Chakra
- Heart Chakra
Tarragon’s Magickal Properties
- Abuse Recovery
- Work with this herb when you are safely out of an abusive situation to help yourself recover and discover your most healthy, true self
- Create and wear a charm from this plant to help yourself gain the courage to remove yourself and loved ones from an abusive situation.
- Create a petition spell for what you want to banish. Write it onto a piece of parchment, sprinkle the dried herb over what you’ve written. Fold it away from you three times, and then burn the parchment.
- Wear an item empowered with the essential oil of this plant to empower you to overcome any scenario.
- Include this herb in your kitchen witchcraft recipes to help anyone who eats your cooking relax and become calm.
- Add this essential oil to an aromatherapy blend to help give yourself compassion and self-love.
- Eat 4 leaves of fresh tarragon before speaking or interacting in anxiety-producing situation to help give yourself the confidence to be your most true self.
- Brew a tea and use the cooled potion to consecrate chalices
- Good Luck
- Store a dried sprig of this herb in your wallet or purse to bring good luck your way.
- Work with this herb to help rediscover your sense of self
- Cook and eat a hearty roasted chicken meal or eggs benedict with bearnaise sauce using this beautiful herb while visualizing love blossoming in your life.
- Use this herb in spells on yourself to help care for others without exhausting yourself
- Hang the dried herb or make a home wreath to make everyone in your home feel at ease
- Use in aromatherapy blends during meditation or yoga to help bring peace to yourself.
- Personal Growth
- Light tarragon as incense while writing down your goals as a petition spell
- Sprinkle the dried herb across thresholds to stop thieves
Tarragon’s Medicinal Properties
When used alongside and with your doctor’s recommendations, Tarragon has been seen as effective against:
- Low appetite
- Menstrual problems
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sleep problems
- Toothache pain
- Water retention
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, do not consume more than food seasoning amounts.
- Tarragon might slow blood clotting. Do not take or use before medical procedures or if you have blood disorders.
- Do not use if you have ragweed allergies.
Medical information is sourced from WebMD.
What are some of your favorite ways to use Tarragon in your magickal working?
Let us know in the comments below!
Copyright 2021 Plentiful Earth, LLC. / All Rights Reserved.