It’s Lammas Loaf time! Witches, you know what we’re talking about! Warm, soft, fresh from the oven, and filled with the magical harvests of Lammas or Lughnasadh!
Homemade bread is one of the best ways to celebrate the turning of the wheel! Now, with modern technology, we can make this delicious Lammas recipe in under 2 hours! No more slaving over a warm hearth here!
And if you’re wondering, is it still Witchcraft if we don’t make the Lammas bread by hand? Of course it is! As you’re adding your ingredients to your bread maker, visualize your intent and charge the ingredients! Each time you pass the bread maker or smell the bread baking, visualize your goal happening right before your eyes!
Much like with anything in modern times, intention is everything, and adaptability is key! Just check out The Modern Witches’ Toolkit!
It’s so good, we promise you’ll literally ask yourself, “What is this Witchcraft?”
Lammas Bread: White Sandwich Bread for Bread Machine
- Bread Machine
- Cooling Rack
- ⅔ c. Water Magical properties: abundance, forward motion
- 1 tsp. Salt, fine Magical properties: purification, cleansing, grounding
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil Magical properties: peace, smooth and easy change
- 1 Tbsp. Honey or Sugar Magical properties: love, happiness, sweet results
- 2 c. Bread Flour Magical properties: abundance, growth, wealth, rebirth
- 2 Tbsp. Milk Powder Magical properties: nurturing, good health, growth, protection
- 1 tsp. Bread Machine Yeast Magical properties: awakening, epiphanies, optimism
- Place the bread kneading paddle into the bread pan of your machine.
- Add your ingredients to the bread maker, in the order your manufacturer recommends. Usually this means wet ingredients first and dry ingredients last. Be sure to visualize having what each ingredient brings into your life.
- On the LCD display or via dial, select the “Basic” cycle.
- Set your machine to bake a 1 pound loaf.
- Change the crust color to light.
- Start your bread machine!
- For the first few minutes, actively watch the dough form through your machine’s viewing window. If your dough ball does not look like a soft ball that lightly sticks to the edges of the pan or if there is excess flour outside of your dough, add a teaspoon of water as needed to incorporate all of the flour.
- When the bake cycle is complete, remove the bread pan from the machine and let it cool for 30 minutes before removing the loaf from the pan.
- Allow bread to cool completely.
- Enjoy with homemade butter or a nice quality olive oil!
Copyright 2021, Plentiful Earth, LLC. / All rights reserved.