Mabon, also known as The Autumn Equinox or the first day of Autumn, is a Pagan and Wiccan celebration of the second harvest season of the year! I, personally, like to call it the Witches’ Thanksgiving!
That’s right: we thank the Earth and Universe for the food that will continue to nourish us through the rest of the year, most specifically fruits, root vegetables, squash, apples, and more! This was traditionally the celebration of harvesting before beginning to preserve life-sustaining practices to survive the winter.
Of course, there’s more to it than that, but for this article, we’ll focus on the items that bring the energy of this holiday into your home, hearth, and ritual!
PS: You can shop for Mabon items here in our store!
Mabon, or The Autumn Equinox, Sabbat Correspondences
Mabon/Autumn Equinox Magick
- Thanking the universe for everything you have gained over the last year
- Discovering and seeing the balance in life, especially between light and dark
- Enjoying the sweet things in life
- Hearth and home protection
- Spells for peace
- Thanksgiving for everything you have right now, in this moment
- Beginning the process of releasing bad habits
- Letting go of things that no longer serve you
- Celebration of long term goals, wine making, and ale brewing
- Understanding the cycles of life
- Strength preservation
- The Mysteries
- Dried leaves
- Autumn or Fall colors
- The Green Man
- The Muses
Mabon Crystals + Stones
- Yellow Agate
- Yellow Topaz
Mabon Herbs + Plants
Mabon Incense + Oils
- Apple Blossom
- Black pepper
Mabon Foods + Drinks
- Dried fruits, especially recently dried fruits
- Locally-harvested Fruits and Vegetables