Mulberries closely resemble another favorite backyard berry, the blackberry. The difference? Mulberries grow on trees and bushes! In Witch-speak, this type of evolution to protect itself hails from the element of Air. Blackberries use the stinging power of thorns to ward away enemies, while the Mulberry raises itself taller than its enemies to thrive. You’ll see this energy a lot as we explore the magickal correspondences of Mulberries!
Native to Asia, Africa, and the Americas, this berry has ties all around the world. Let’s pull the wisdom of our earthly ancestors into our magick. Here’s our list of the magickal correspondences of Mulberry!
Magickal Properties of Mulberry | Mulberry Materia Magicka
Folk Names for Mulberry
- Blood of a Goose (tree sap)
Gender of Mulberry
- Female and Male
Elements that Rule Mulberry
Planets that Rule Mulberry
Signs that Rule Mulberry
Deities that Rule Mulberry
Chakras that work with Mulberry
- Crown chakra
- Sacral chakra
- Root chakra
- Earth seed chakra
Mulberry’s Magickal Properties
- Cosmic Connection
- Dream Prophecies: Sleep with Mulberry leaves under your pillows to have psychic dreams.
- Knowledge: Cosmic knowledge
- Protection: Make a tea from the leaves and use the brew to draw protection sigils
- Strength: Carry the leaves as a talisman for strength and courage.
- Wholeness: Meditate under the tree to sync your subtle bodies.
- Willpower: Use wood from this tree to craft a wand that will boost your willpower.
- Yin and Yang Balance
Mulberry’s Medicinal Properties
Mulberry has been seen as effective against:
- Acne and Skin Blemishes: the vitamin C in this plant help your skin look its best.
- Cancer: antioxidants in the berries and leaves help your body fight off free radicals, and myricetin can help the body combat some cancers.
- Constipation: Black mulberries can act as a laxative.
- General health threats: macrophages in the plant boost your immune system
- Blood sugar fluctuations: the plant is thought to have compounds that help support balanced blood sugar in diabetic patients.
- Black mulberry may lower blood sugar in diabetics; take with caution.
What are some of your favorite ways to use Mulberry in your magickal working?
Let us know in the comments below!
Copyright 2019 Plentiful Earth, LLC. / All Rights Reserved.