A powerful crystal cleanser and chakra recharger, the red-orange crystal should be in every spiritualist’s arsenal! Carnelian’s healing properties are deeply restorative and empowering, as it resonates perfectly with the sacral chakra. Use this crystal for cleansing your other crystals, such as orange calcite, rose quartz, and so much more! Our favorite thing about the carnelian stone is that it never needs to be cleansed! In fact, it can cleanse other crystals just by being near it!
Here’s our list of the healing benefits and carnelian properties!
Magickal Properties of Carnelian | Carnelian Materia Magicka
- The Cornelian Stone
Hardness of Carnelian
- 6 – 7
Is Carnelian Water Soluble?
- No, it is not. It can safely be placed in water.
Is Carnelian Toxic?
Gender of Carnelian
Elements that Rule Carnelian
Planets that Rule Carnelian
Zodiac Signs that Rule Carnelian
Deities that Rule Carnelian
- Isis, as honored by the ancient Egyptians
Chakras that work with Carnelian
- Sacral Chakra
Carnelian’s Magickal Properties
- Accepting Change: If you tend to hate change or unexpected shifts, carry this crystal to help you make transitions easier.
- Astral Travel: If you have a fear of floating away and never returning to your body, hold this stone or place it under your pillow during astral travel sessions to keep yourself anchored to the physical realm. We do not recommend using this crystal if you are new to astral travel, as it may make it more difficult for you to get started. The good news? You can’t get separated from your physical body! Your fear is just a fear. However, this crystal can help you overcome that fear.
- Concentration: The grounding power of this stone also brings you concentration.
- Courage: The firepower of this crystal lights an empowering streak within you! Use this crystal in spells for courage.
- Decision Making: Keep this crystal in your pocket to help ground you in reality and make choices that are the best for your physical lifestyle.
- Empath Protection: New empaths often forget to keep themselves grounded or shielded; this stone helps create a natural energetic barrier between you and unwanted vibes and emotions.
- Grounding: This crystal cleanses your second chakra, causing it to function perfectly. This causes you to be able to connect to Earth better, creating a natural grounding effect. So, carry this with you whenever you need to feel more grounded.
- Healing: This crystal works to help regulate and repair your natural flow of energy, making this crystal a fantastic healing aid. Use it in crystal grids, gem elixirs, and more!
- Inspiration: Paired with the solar plexus chakra, the way this stone empowers your sacral chakra brings inspiration and creativity into your life! Use a gem elixir, wear jewelry, or set up a creativity crystal grid when you need a boost from the Muses.
- Meditation: Hold this stone to keep yourself grounded while meditating. This is an especially great stone to use if you often travel to other realms or planes of existence during meditative sessions.
- Peace: Create a crystal grid with the intention of peace between you and others or world peace.
- Protection: Wear jewelry from this crystal or create a protective charm bag to keep its wearer safe from harm.
- Sexual Energy: Especially great for feminine sexual energy, this stone can increase your libido and clear out your sacral chakra! Use a gem elixir, take a gem-infused bath, or get candle holders made from this crystal.
- Stability: If things start to feel rocky or uncertain, create a crystal grid from this crystal or keep it in your pocket to help normalize your life.
How to Cleanse Carnelian
- Does not need to be cleansed at all.
- Cleanses other crystals.
- Automatically cleanses auras and spaces.
Healing Uses of Carnelian | Carnelian Materia Magicka
Carnelian’s Medicinal Properties
When used alongside your doctor’s recommendations, carnelian has been seen as effective against:
- Bad circulation
- Congestion: use this gem elixir in your vibrational diffuser
- Depression: create a crystal grid or gem elixir of this and orange calcite.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Low Libido, especially in women
- Menstrual cycle issues
- Seasonal Affected Disorder (SAD)
- Vericose veins
- Always consult your doctor before using or working with any holistic remedies.
What are some of your favorite ways to use this orange-red stone in your magickal working?
Let us know in the comments below!
Copyright 2019 Plentiful Earth, LLC. / All Rights Reserved.