California White Sage is one of our favorite herbs for removing bad vibes, harmful energies, and unwanted people from an aura or space. Sage cleansing is a popular technique that is also known as “smudging”. Simply take a sage bundle or sage smudge stick, light one end, and systematically allow the smoke to penetrate every nook and cranny of your Self and aura.
Sage smudge sticks are most recognized through our Native American ancestors. They were used, in addition to sweet grass, to bless and purify spaces and people for rituals. Though these stem from Native American traditions, they have found their way into modern Witch culture. Wiccans and Witches burn sage to remove negative energy, cleanse the auric field around our physical body, and remove stagnant blockages from our energy field.
When should I perform a sage cleansing on myself?
Cleansing your body with sage is great to do when:
- You’ve come in contact with a large group of people
- After an emotionally draining event
- When you work in a high-stress environment
- If you work with high-stress individuals
- Af the end of a workweek
- If you feel lethargic
- When you’ve hit a string of bad luck
- Whenever you need a pick-me-up
How do I cleanse my aura with sage?
Sage Smudging Ingredients
Sage Smudging Directions
- Light the Sage Smudge Stick: Hold the stick end of the bundle with your dominant hand, and light the leaf end with the lighter. Be sure that all of the leaves are flaming. Gently wave the bundle to extinguish the flames and invite in the smoke.
- Cleanse yourself from top to bottom: Starting at the top of your head, circle the smudge stick around each part of your body. You may also use your healing hand (your recessive hand) to gently waft the smoke towards each individual body part. Visualize the white smoke breaking up all of the harmful energy that surrounds your body; see positive energy or white light filling the space around your body.
- Extinguish your Sage Smudge Stick: Once you’ve allowed the smoke to reach every part of your body, extinguish the bundle by gently pressing it into a fireproof bowl or abalone shell. You may also allow the bundle to extinguish itself.
Buy Sage Smudge Sticks from Us!
Copyright 2019 Plentiful Earth LLC. / All Rights Reserved.