My favorite way to understand and use Basil’s magical properties is by making a flower essence. A flower essence is a special water that has been infused with a plant’s energetic properties. If you are lucky enough to live in an area where basil grows and flowers you can easily make an essence.
I was taught to make solar flower essences using this method, and I’d love to share this recipe with you.
Basil Flower Essence RecipeAdd To Yummly!
- 1 Clear glass bowl
- Clean scissors
- Distilled water
- Basil flowers
- Brandy to preserve the flower essence
- Dark, amber storage bottle
- On a sunny day, pour the water into a clear glass bowl.
- Clip basil flowers into the bowl. Stir lightly.
- Set the bowl by the plant for several hours in the sun, being careful not to touch the water or the plant inside the bowl.
- After a few hours, use another stalk of basil flowers, flick the flowers out of the bowl.
- Use immediately or preserve the essence for later by adding brandy to the water and storing it in a dark, amber bottle.
Basil essence is a practical and fun way to learn how to use Basil magic. You can add the water to love spells, prosperity rituals, and to help banish unwanted energies in your home experiment, have fun, and Basil will surely share her secrets with you. Copyright 2018 Eira + Plentiful Earth / All Rights Reserved.
Amber glass protects oils and tinctures from damaging infrared and ultraviolet light. This amber bottle with dropper holds 1 oz. of liquid. 0/5 (0 Reviews) ShareTweetPinRedditMore0 Shares
Tried this recipe?Leave a review! 👇