My favorite way to understand and use Basil’s magical properties is by making a flower essence. A flower essence is a special water that has been infused with a plant’s energetic properties. If you are lucky enough to live in an area where basil grows and flowers you can easily make an essence.
I was taught to make solar flower essences using this method, and I’d love to share this recipe with you.
Basil Flower Essence RecipeAdd To Yummly!
- 1 Clear glass bowl
- Clean scissors
- Distilled water
- Basil flowers
- Brandy to preserve the flower essence
- Dark, amber storage bottle
- On a sunny day, pour the water into a clear glass bowl.
- Clip basil flowers into the bowl. Stir lightly.
- Set the bowl by the plant for several hours in the sun, being careful not to touch the water or the plant inside the bowl.
- After a few hours, use another stalk of basil flowers, flick the flowers out of the bowl.
- Use immediately or preserve the essence for later by adding brandy to the water and storing it in a dark, amber bottle.
Amber glass protects oils and tinctures from damaging infrared and ultraviolet light. This amber bottle with dropper holds 1 oz. of liquid. 0/5 (0 Reviews) ShareTweetPinRedditFlipMore0 Shares