It’s inevitable. When we see babies on our favorite Instagram pages, baby fever kicks in! In 9 months, we find ourselves crossing our fingers and hope that our little baby sleeps as well as those little web stars do! If you’re here, chances are, you’re dealing with newborn colic and are in search of the magic baby colic remedy! Enter baby aromatherapy!
If your baby is waking up in the middle of the night, is inconsolable, is crying for more than 3 hours at a time, and won’t respond to the “shh” mantra, you likely have a colicky baby. You may have attempted to avoid eye contact, implement a sleep schedule, or resulted in leaving the room in hopes to help your baby self-soothe. However, if your baby is less than 3 months old, baby needs you to help it calm down.
Good news, parents! You don’t have to do it alone! This colic calm essential oil aromatherapy recipe can help you and your baby relax when its nap time.
When can I use aromatherapy to calm my colic baby?
This recipe can be used at any time, with your doctor or pediatrician’s approval. We recommend using this recipe in an ultrasonic diffuser during:
- Bedtime routines
- Your favorite sleep training method
- Baby massage (do not use this directly on baby’s skin)
If your baby does not have colic, this recipe is also perfect for helping your infant sleep through the night! Add this recipe to your ultrasonic diffuser when you start sleep training as part of your baby’s bedtime routine!
Aromatherapy for Sleep and Soothing a Colic Baby
- Your favorite ultrasonic diffuser
- 3 drops Lavender Essential Oil <a href="plentifulearth.com/shop/oils-diffusers/essential-oils/lavender-essential-oil-2-dram/" target="_blank">Buy Now!</a>
- 1 drop Chamomile Essential Oil
- Following your diffuser’s instructions, add 3 drops of lavender essential oil and 1 drop of chamomile essential oil to the diffuser.
- Use during bedtime or before naptime to calm you and your baby.
Shop for essential oils in this recipe:
Copyright 2020 Plentiful Earth, LLC. / All Rights Reserved.