If you find yourself wondering “which essential oils do what,” then this article will be a great first stop on your essential oil journey! Today, we’ll be looking at lavender essential oil’s benefits. Grab your lavender essential oil, and let’s get started!
Don’t have any yet? Buy some now ↓
Can I use lavender essential oil directly on my skin?
While we recommend always diluting your essential oils, lavender essential oil is one of the few oils that is mild enough to be used directly on skin, without dilution.
10 New Ways to Use Lavender Essential Oil
- Clean your home: As a natural antibacterial, lavender essential oil can be added to your favorite homemade cleaning products!
- Beauty: Clear up your complexion by adding 5-8 drops of lavender oil to every ounce of natural facial cleanser.
- Eczema and dermatitis soother: Mix 12 drops of lavender essential oil with 1 ounce of coconut oil. Massage into skin to sooth and aid healing.
- PMS: We women sometimes need an extra boost during our Moon Time. Lavender Essential oil is great for boosting our mood and mitigating stress. Add a few drops to your natural inhaler or to your diffuser.
- Tired eyes: Mix 3 drops of lavender essential oil with 1 ounce of your favorite face-friendly carrier oil. Apply under your eyes before bed.
- Tone your skin: Add 6 drops of lavender essential oil to every 1 ounce of witch hazel. Shake and apply after cleansing your face, and before moisturizers.
- Sleep: Rub 2-3 drops into the soles of your feet before bedtime! Your insomnia may not stand a chance!
- Stop Cold Sores: Rub a drop of lavender essential oil onto the source of a cold sore as soon as you feel it forming.
- Stress Detox Bath: Add 12 drops of essential oil to 2 cups of epsom salt. Mix and pour into running bath water.
- Sunburn Relief: Mix 3 ounces of natural aloe with 15-24 drops of lavender essential oil. Aloe and lavender work together to soothe and heal sunburn.
As always, essential oil treatment should be used in conjunction to medical care; always consult your doctor before starting home treatments.
Copyright 2018 Jennifer “Aurora Moone” McDonald / All Rights Reserved.