Perfect for Valentines’ Day, anniversaries, or date nights, strawberry rhubarb pie is one of our favorite spells to bring a fiery desire to any relationship! Luscious strawberries increase the love and romantic vibes in the feminine areas of your relationship, while rhubarb works it’s powers on the masculine areas of your relationship!
As with any Kitchen Witch spell, it’s important for you to visualize your exact outcome while you bake this magickal recipe! Be sure you are utilizing all of your senses as you create this pie. If you need to, call out the magickal properties of each ingredient as you add it to the dish!
Happy spelling! (If it’s June 9, then Happy Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Day!)
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie for Romance and Love | A Kitchen Witch Spell Recipe
- 2 c. All-purpose flour
- ½ c. Cake flour
- 3 tsp. Powered sugar sifted
- ½ c. Butter-flavored shortening
- ¼ c. Butter salted
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp. Vinegar
- ¼ c. Ice Water
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 ½ c. chopped, fresh Red Rhubarb [For Masculine Love and Romance]
- 2 ½ c. de-stemmed, washed and cut Strawberries [For Feminine Love and Romance]
- 1 ½ c. Sugar (1 1/4 cups for high altitude)
- 3-4 Tbsp. Minute tapioca
- 1 Tbsp. All-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. Lemon zest
- ½ tsp. Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Egg white
- 1 tsp. Water
- Coarse Decorating Sugar
- (PS: Don’t be afraid to bust out your Modern Kitchen Witch Toolkit!)
- In a food processor, pulse the flours, sugar, shortening, butter and salt until the butter and shortening are the size of small peas.
- Whisk the egg, vinegar and water together in a large glass measuring cup.
- Pour your wet ingredients into the food processor and pulse until the dough just comes together.
- Dump the ball of dough onto a piece of parchment or plastic wrap. Divide the dough into two equal disks, wrap and chill the dough disks for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, roll out 1 disk of dough large enough to fit into your 9” pie dish.
- Put dish in refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix the rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, tapioca, flour, zest and juice of lemon, dash of cinnamon, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Pour into your chilled crust.
- Dot the top of the filling with the butter.
- Make an egg wash by whisking together the egg white and 1 tsp. water.
- Roll out the other disk of dough.
- Brush edges of pie crust with egg white wash.
- Place the second dough over the filling and crimp the edges to seal. You can also make a lattice top for this pie, if you'd like!
- Brush with egg white wash and garnish with coarse decorating sugar.
- Protect the edge of the crust with foil and bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Decrease temperature to 375 degrees F and bake for an additional 45 to 50 minutes, or until the filling starts bubbling. Higher altitude will take 450 degrees F and 400 degrees F respectively.
- Let the pie cool completely before serving.