Your heart leaps as you can feel exactly how powerful the spell you just cast was.
You can feel the energy prickling on the ends of your fingertips.
Looking down, you see your altar holding the shell of the ingredients who lent their energies towards manifesting your goals.
But what now? What do you do with your used spell ingredients?
Do you keep them? Throw them away? Are they safe to bury?
Table Of Contents
Spirituality is not just about the spells we cast or the rituals we perform – it’s also about how we treat the ingredients and items we use, including their disposal.
Disposing of your spell ingredients properly is an essential part of respecting the energies you’ve worked with, as well as honoring Mother Earth.
Let’s explore traditional and eco-friendly ways to dispose of your spell ingredients.
4 Traditional Ways To Dispose Of Spell Ingredients
While traditional methods may not always be the most environmentally friendly, they are deeply rooted in history and have their own sacredness.
To try these as an environmentally-friendly Witch, consider if your spell ingredients and ritual items are biodegradable or not.
- Burying: Burial has been a long-standing tradition in many spiritual practices. It symbolizes the end of a cycle and the beginning of another.
- Fire: Fire is a powerful element that symbolizes purification and transformation. You can burn any items that are safe to burn.
- Water: Water is a symbol of emotional healing and cleansing. Place items such as crystals or stones can into running water, like a river or stream.
- Sacred Disposal Box: Keep a sacred box where you can place used spell ingredients. Bury this box or store it in a specific place when it becomes full.
6 Eco-Friendly Ways To Dispose Of Biodegradable Spell Ingredients
As we become more conscious of our impact on the environment, it’s essential to consider eco-friendly disposal methods for our spell ingredients, especially those that are biodegradable.
- Composting: Compost any biodegradable items like herbs, flowers, and food. Composting not only reduces waste but also helps nourish the soil, creating a circle of life that honors Mother Earth.
- Returning To Nature: Nature-based ingredients can often be returned to the earth in the form of scattering. This might mean returning plant matter to the base of a tree or spreading it in a forest or garden.
- Eco-Friendly Burial: For biodegradable items that cannot be composted, try an eco-friendly burial. Bury the items in a compostable bag or container that will degrade over time, returning the items to the earth.
- Green Fire: If the spell ingredients are safe to burn and do not release harmful substances, use a controlled fire to dispose of and release your spell ingredients. Always make sure you’re following local fire safety regulations.
- Eco-Friendly Sacred Disposal Box: Similar to the traditional method, you can keep a box for biodegradable items. Once full, this box can be buried in a compost heap or garden, where it will naturally decompose.
- Moonlight Disposal: Leave your items under the light of the full moon overnight. The moon’s energy is said to cleanse and neutralize the item’s energies, making them reusable in your next spell.
The disposal of spell ingredients is a critical part of our spiritual practices. Whether you prefer traditional methods or are leaning towards more eco-friendly practices, it’s important to dispose of these items with respect and intention. Remember, the energy with which we handle these items reflects back on us and our environment.