Feel like bad luck is following you around?
Still running through a string of bad days?
Italian spiritualists would say – You may have the malocchio, or evil eye.
In This Guide:
What Is The Malocchio?
The Malocchio, or evil eye, is said to be an accidental or purposeful curse that is placed on a person by using powerful intent by someone who is jealous or envious.
It’s often accompanied by a direct glare from the caster, but can also be accidentally given to someone just from talking negatively about someone else.
Many cultures believe that receiving the evil eye will cause misfortune or injury.
How Do I Find Out If I’ve Been Cursed Or Have The Evil Eye?
There are many ways to find out if you’ve been cursed with the evil eye.
If you keep having accidents, bad luck, or continuous illnesses, and mundane problem-solving doesn’t fix the problem, you may have gotten the evil eye.
In many Italian folk traditions, spiritualists usually turn to the Olive Oil Test to confirm if negative energy is affecting your life.
What Is The Italian Olive Oil Test?
The “Olive Oil Test”, or the La Prova dell’Olio in Italian, is a traditional form of Italian folk magic that’s thought to have origins in the “evil eye” belief.
It’s a type of divination or a folk remedy that is used to diagnose and cure the malocchio, or evil eye. The rituals and methods can vary by region and family traditions, but here’s a general guide on how you might perform this test:
How To Remove The Evil Eye
- 1 Small bowl
- A quiet room
- Choose a quiet room where you won’t be disturbed.
- Fill a small bowl with Water. You can use holy water, moon water, or any water that has been blessed if you'd like!Water
- Before beginning the test, say a prayer, envocation, invocation, or set an intention for protection and clarity.
Performing the Test to See if You are Cursed:
- Wash your hands to cleanse them of any impurities.
- Take a small amount of Olive oil and drop a few drops into the Water.Olive oil
- If the Olive oil forms one large drop or a few large drops in the water without dispersing, it's said that the person does not have the evil eye.
- If the Olive oil drops disperse and form an eye shape or spread out across the surface, it's often interpreted as a sign that the person does have the evil eye.
- Repeat the test 3 times to confirm that you do have the evil eye.
- If the test indicates that the evil eye is present, perform your favorite curse-breaking, hex-breaking ritual, chant, prayer, or spell.
- Once the ritual is complete, dispose of the water and oil by pouring it into running water or at a crossroads.
- To close the ritual, cleanse your energy in your favorite way or perform your favorite action action for sealing the cure and protect against future curses.We like to cleanse ourselves with Cleansing Herbs and then wear Nazar, or Evil-Eye Protection Jewelry.Cleansing Herbs, Evil-Eye Protection Jewelry