Ginger has been a cornerstone of culinary and medicinal practices for centuries, but its use in spiritual and magickal work is equally powerful.
With its warming and invigorating qualities, ginger is often incorporated into spells and rituals aimed at attracting love, increasing personal power, and enhancing spiritual protection.
To use ginger in spells, you can:
- Anoint candles: Rub fresh or powdered ginger onto candles before performing spells for love or courage.
- Create a ginger infusion: Use it as a bath or a spray to cleanse negative energies or attract prosperity.
- Add to sachets: Include ginger in magickal sachets for courage, love, or money.
- Burn as incense: Use ginger oil or dried ginger to add potency to your magickal workings.
- Spiritual Cooking: Incorporate ginger into foods that you prepare as a form of kitchen witchery for enhancing vitality.
What Are The Magical Properties Of Ginger?
Ginger is known for its strong Yang energy, making it ideal for spells relating to:
- Love and Passion: Ignite the fires of desire or sustain existing relationships.
- Personal Power: Increase your inner strength and self-confidence.
- Spiritual Protection: Ward off negativity and evil spirits.
- Prosperity: Enhance your ability to attract wealth and success.
- Healing: Particularly beneficial for digestive health in spiritual healing practices.
Complete List Of Magickal Properties Of Ginger
Our complete Materia Magicka contains everything you need to know to work with ginger in spells, rituals, and healings.
|Latin Name||Zingiber officinale|
|Folk Names||Root of the Spirit|
|Signs that Rule Ginger||Aries, Scorpio|
|Deities that Rule Ginger||Mars, Ares, Cernunnos|
|Chakras that work with Ginger||Solar Plexus, Root|
|Ginger’s Magickal Properties||Love, Power, Protection, Prosperity, Healing|
While ginger is generally safe for most people, it’s important to note a few cautions:
- Allergies: Always do a patch test if using ginger oil on the skin.
- Pregnancy: Consult a healthcare provider before using ginger medicinally if you’re pregnant.
- Blood Thinning: Avoid excessive use of ginger if you are on blood-thinning medications.
What are some of your favorite ways to use ginger in your magickal working?
Ginger is a powerful ally in spiritual and magickal practices. Its warming nature amplifies the energy of spells, making it an indispensable tool in your magickal repertoire. Whether you’re seeking to harness love, power, or protection, ginger holds the keys to unlocking your spiritual potential.
Let us know in the comments below!