Ready to make your spells more powerful? Want to learn how to make your spells work faster? Use the timing of the Moon to add more energy to your spells and intentions!
For centuries, our ancestors have looked up at the sky and using what they saw for timing, healing, predicting, and adoration. When we look to our grandmothers and great grandmothers, we find that they hold a drop of knowledge leftover from the old days, when we were still connected to the Earth and Sky.
Luckily, this knowledge hasn’t been totally removed from our culture! Our Neo-Pagan and Wiccan sisters and brothers still work, live, and dance by the phase of the moon!
Here is how we use the phases of the moon for spell timing!
How to use the Moon Phases for Spells and Magick
- Reflect and meditate on your internal needs and goals.
- Give thanks to your inner strength.
- Cast binding spells.
- Use this dark moon as a final and powerful time to remove or release large or powerful obstacles from your life.
- Begin work to fill the void (left from removing obstacles) with positivity.
- Begin work to bring things into your life.
Waxing Crescent Moon
(Starting on the third day of the New Moon)
- Cast spells to bring something into your life.
- Cast spells for new beginnings.
- Cast magick for positive change.
- Cast spells for increasing protection.
- Begin slow, steady long-term manifestation work.
- Use the visualization and mantra: As the moon grows to be full, so, too, shall [your wish] in my life.
- Mid-Waxing Check-in: How did your waxing moon spell go? Does it seem to be working? Has it manifested? If not, pivot, and re-cast now.
Waxing Gibbous Moon
(Ending on the first day of the Full Moon)
- Cast spells for rapid growth.
- Cast minor spells for quick manifestation.
- Reflect and meditate on where you are in life.
- Give thanks to how full your life is.
- Charge your crystals, tools, and talismans.
- Cast spells for psychic awareness.
- Cast spells for enlightenment.
- Cast spells for powerful protection.
Waning Gibbous Moon
(Starting on the third day of the Full Moon)
- Cast spells to remove things and harmful energies/situations from your life.
- Cast banishing spells.
- Begin magick to remove long-time habits and energy from your life.
- Use the visualization and mantra: As light is removed from the moon, so, too, shall [your bane] be removed from my life.
- Mid-Waning Check-in: How did your waning moon spell go? Does it seem to be working? Has that obstacle, item, person, or illness been removed from your life? If not, pivot, and re-cast now.
Waning Crescent Moon
(Ending on the first day of the New Moon)
- Cast spells for rapid removal.
- Cast minor spells for quick removal.
Copyright 2017 Jennifer “Aurora Moone” McDonald / All Rights Reserved.