Before you settle into your yoga practice, wind down to meditate, or cast your magickal circle in order to cast your spells, it’s important to take a moment to cleanse and create your Sacred Space. Sacred space is, in a perfect world, a space that is sacred and dedicated to your spiritual work; it is a space that is pure, divine, healing, and safe. It is a space where we can leave behind the cluttered energies of the day and enter a sanctuary of peace, tranquility, and positive energy. The sacred space is always cleaned and maintained with the idea that only positive energy is allowed in and that all things that happen in this space are for the highest good, harming one. However, sometimes, perfect worlds are hard to come by, and if you’re like many in today’s fast-paced or city-based society, you may not have the time to keep your home spotless or you may not have extra room in your apartment to fully dedicate for your ritual space.
The following list is crafted with ease in mind and is perfect for those who are creating their sacred space for the first time! If you are creating a permanent sacred space, you only need to do one of these rituals once a month and maintain it throughout that month by actively cleaning and meditating in your space. If you are creating temporary sacred space or your sacred space will quickly become overrun by piles of laundry (like mine!), you will need to de-clutter and physically clean the space before creating your sacred space. Cleaning the space makes room for positive energies to flow in and out of your energy field, and removes the possibility of harmful energies to gather and become stagnant. The cleaner you keep your sacred space, the larger the positive energy flow!
5 Easy Ways to Create Sacred Space
- Divine Light Cleansing: Close your eyes, and take a few deep, meaningful breaths to center yourself in your body. Imagine a bright, pure, golden thread of light descending from the Heavens, or Upper Realm, and connecting to your head, or Crown Chakra. Imagine this thread descending down through your body and connecting to the ground below your feet, the ground which you intend to turn into your Sacred Space. Take a few more deep breaths. With each inhale, imagine more golden light feeding into that thread, and with each exhale, imagine that thread expanding. Begin by imagine that thread expanding in your body, pushing out and purifying any harmful energies in your body. When the thread of light reaches the boundary of your body, imagine it expanding through your skin and outside of your body, pushing out and purifying any harmful energies of the space. Expand it to the boundaries of your space, creating a circle or orb of pure and golden light. This space is now sacred. Tell yourself, “This space is sacred, this space is safe. Only healing and positive energies can this Sacred Space make.”
- Shoo It Out Cleansing: Close your eyes, and take a few deep, meaningful breaths to center yourself in your body. Visualize your room. Use your senses to visualize any dark patches of negative energies in your future sacred space. See those patches as dark, gross blobs of yucky, gooey energy. You may see a lot of these blobs and you may only see a few. Tell yourself, “My breath is power, my prana is force.” Inhale through your nose, visualizing yourself breathing in white or golden light from the Universe or Sun. Exhale through your mouth, visualizing that white or gold light rushing out of your lips. Practice this a few times in order to get the feel of the connection of energy. When you are ready, starting in the North and turning counterclockwise, inhale deeply, filling your lungs with that white/golden light, and then strongly blow out that white/golden light, using your arms to shoo out the harmful patches of energy. As you do, visualize your arms flinging your white/golden breath to the harmful patches; visualize your pure breath and energy flinging the harmful energies outside of your the boundaries of your home and far, far away. Do this all around the circle, counterclockwise, until you reach North. Then, with both arms out, spin counterclockwise, shooing out any excess energies that your breath may have missed. When you feel that all of the patches have been blown away, spin clockwise, imagining your arms creating an orb of pure and golden light. This space is not sacred. Tell yourself, “This space is sacred, this space is safe. Only healing and positive energies can this Sacred Space make.”
- Vacuum/Sweep it Up Cleansing: You’ll need either baking soda carpet sprinkle and a vacuum or salt and a broom, depending on your floor type. Enter your future sacred space with the idea that there is always positive energy waiting to do what all energy wants to do, multiply and manifest. Sprinkle your floor with your sprinkle or salt. Take a moment to visualize all of the harmful energy wisps, blobs, and orbs being absorbed out of the air, out of the ground, and into the grains of baking soda or salt. Let this element of Earth absorb the harmful and negative energies for 10 minutes. With your vacuum or broom, remove the sprinkle. If using your vacuum, visualize all of the residual harmful energies being sucked up and trapped in the vacuum and neutralized by the baking soda sprinkle; if using a broom, visualize all of the harmful energies being scooped up into your dustpan. Visualize the pure and golden energies of the space multiplying and filling the space with sacred energy. Immediately take it out to your trashcan or dumpster, and throw it away. The moment you do, say, “My space is sacred, my space is safe. Only healing and positive energies can my Sacred Space make.”
- Conscious Movement Cleansing: As you clean and de-clutter the space, consciously visualize each movement, whether this be folding, picking up, or organizing, creating a burst of pure and golden light; visualize this light neutralizing all harmful energies within a foot of this item, on all sides. When you are done, and the space is clean, tell yourself, “This space is sacred, this space is safe. Only healing and positive energies can this Sacred Space make.”
- Sacred Sound Cleansing: As you clean and de-clutter the space, sing a favorite hymn or spiritual song, hum from your heart, or create a brand new sound, just for attuning the space with pure and golden light. As you do, imagine that your voice vibrates with pure and golden light, the sound waves bouncing off of and in between every surface and nook of the room, filling the space with pure energy. When you are done, and the space is clean, tell yourself, “This space is sacred, this space is safe. Only healing and positive energies can this Sacred Space make.”
Copyright 2015 | Plentiful Earth