Lavender is nature’s chill pill. Smell it, eat it, bathe in it, and moisturize with it to immediately hit your reset button. Lavender’s essential oil compounds can soothe tired and aching skin, relax sore muscles, slow down your racing mind, and calm down a cranky tummy.
Anytime you need to hit pause on life, lavender is there for you!
To get you started, we created a quick list of 10 ways you can use lavender essential oil in your everyday life.
With all essential oils, it’s important to dilute them in a carrier oil to minimize the chance of irritation on the skin. The basic dilution amount is 1 drop of essential oil per teaspoon of carrier oil.
10 Ways to use Lavender Essential Oil
1. Sleep better by adding a few drops to the corners of your pillow before bed.
2. Moisturize and brighten skin by adding a 1-2 drops to your favorite carrier oil to make a quick skin moisturizer.
3. Meditate easier by adding a few drops to the outside of an eye mask before counting down.
4. Invoke instant calm by adding a 5 drops to a small vial filled with salt to make a personal inhaler.
5. Get rid of PMS by adding 5-10 drops of lavender essential oil to your favorite diffuser.
6. Soothe eczema by diluting 2 drops in coconut oil and massaging into skin.
7. Relieve chapped lips by mixing 1 drop of lavender essential oil into your favorite carrier oil and rub on lips.
8. Boost your clean clothes by adding a few drops to a small towel and tossing it into the dryer.
9. Get rid of headaches by massaging diluted lavender essential oil into your temples.
10. Massage sore muscles with lavender essential oil diluted in your favorite carrier oil.
Essential oils are for external use only.Copyright 2018 Jennifer “Aurora Moone” McDonald / All Rights Reserved.