Brew up a quick beauty mask this winter to help keep your beautiful face soft, smooth, and supple! We always hear about the amazing properties of oatmeal for skin, Cleopatra’s famous milk baths, and the preservative properties of honey, and now, you can harness this beauty secret for your own personal gain — see what we did there?
Oatmeal gently exfoliates the skin, which works to unclog pores at the surface level as well as remove dead skin cells to reveal glowing skin underneath. Then, oatmeal’s amazing natural cleansers, saponins, gently remove oil and dirt from inside your pores while proteins build up your skin’s natural defence and oatmeal’s fats moisturize your skin. Finally, the oat’s polysaccharides, what makes oatmeal gelatinous, seals in all of your skin’s new moisture.
Milk contains many vitamins and nutrients, such as vitamins A and D, and probiotics, that boost your skin’s health as its naturally occurring lactic acid gently soaks into the skin to break up clumps of dead skin cells, which are removed by oatmeal’s gift of exfoliation. If you find yourself with goat’s milk in hand, this is a great alternative to milk! Goat’s milk is not only more nutritious, but it also matches our skin’s natural pH levels!
The honey in this moisturizing beauty mask not only acts as a binder for our natural products, it also aids in deep moisturization! That’s right, we’ve got three great moisturizing ingredients in this facial mask. Honey is also antibacterial, is an antioxidant, and is a natural wound healer.
So, let’s get our beauty on!
Simple Oat, Goat’s Milk, and Honey Face Mask
Mask Base Ingredients
- 1 cup Organic Oats
- 1 cup Powdered Goat's Milk Other powdered milks are great, too!
Individual Mask Ingredients (always use 2T. of base and 1t. of honey!)
- 2 Tbsp. Base Ingredients Made from above
- 1 tsp. Royal Jelly Or your favorite honey!
- 1 splash Hot Water (If using Royal Jelly)
Mask Base Instructions
- In a blender, blend together the oats and powdered goat’s milk into a fine powder. Vitamix works perfectly for this!
- Store the dry base ingredients in a dry, sealed container until you’re ready to use!
Individual Mask Instructions
- In a small bowl, melt the royal jelly with a splash of hot water. If using honey, just add your honey to the small bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of your dry base ingredients to your liquid honey. Stir to combine. Add warm water if it’s too stiff. Add more powder if it’s too wet.
- Wet your face and spread the mask evenly onto your skin, gently rubbing as you do.
- Let the mask sit for 5 minutes, and rinse!
Copyright 2015 Jennifer “Aurora Moone” McDonald