Tres Leches Cake Recipe for Imbolc
We can’t wait for you to fall in love with this cake, soaked with milk and vanilla!
Add To Yummly!
- 1.5 c. all-purpose flour Magical properties: protection, healing
- 1 tsp. baking powder Magical properties: purification, cleansing
- .5 c. butter, unsalted Magical properties: smooth manifestation
- 1 c. white sugar Magical properties: sweeten up the spell
- 5 eggs Magical properties: manifestation, protection, fertility
- .5 tsp. vanilla extract Magical properties: love, friendship, happiness
- 2 c. whole milk Magical properties: purification, nurturing, growth
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk Magical properties: longevity, sweeten up the spell
- 12 oz. evaporated milk Magical properties: concentration
- 1.5 c. heavy whipping cream Magical properties: mother energy, nurturing, happiness
- 1 c. sugar Magical properties: sweeten up the spell
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract Magical properties: love, friendship, happiness
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional) Magical properties: speed up manifestation, money
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13” baking pan.
Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
Cream butter and 1 cup sugar together in a large bowl until fluffy.
Add eggs and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; beat well.
Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture 1/3 at a time; mix until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Pierce the cooked sponge cake several times with a fork.
Combine the whole milk, condensed milk, and evaporated milk together. Pour over the top of the cooled cake.
Whip whipping cream, the remaining 1 cup of the sugar, and the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla together until thick. Spread over the top of the cake. Optional: Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Storage: This cake will last in the refrigerator, with plastic wrap, for 5 days.
Tip: Use a piping bag to create fluffy clouds of whipped cream on each slice!
Serving: 1sliceCalories: 835kcalCarbohydrates: 104gProtein: 16gFat: 41gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 243mgSodium: 350mgPotassium: 499mgFiber: 1gSugar: 84gVitamin A: 1510IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 403mgIron: 2mg
Leave a review! 👇