Here, American runologist Edred Thorsson provides an in-depth guide to the world of runes for beginners and enthusiasts alike. Thorsson’s presentation of this powerful system provides a valuable tool for self-development and spiritual transformation. Runes are the ancient Norse alphabet used for communication, divination, and magical work.
The Big Book of Runes and Rune Magic:
- Introduces the 24 runes of the Elder Futhark along with their definitions and mystical properties.
- Explores the historical lore of runes using archaeological evidence to explain where the runes come from, what they mean, and how they evolved.
- Reveals the hidden lore and esoteric dimension of runes, looking at the cosmology of the Old Norse to explain the role runes played and how they were used over time.
- Includes specific sections on rune magic and divination, rune poems, and runic numerology.
- Instructions on how to make your own runes and imbue them with numinous power, arrange the optimum setting for a rune reading, and prepare yourself psychologically and spiritually for casting the runes.
A 6.9″ x 8.9″ paperback book with 320 pages