Revamp your New Year by getting rid of resolutions and reigning in gratitude! Make 2016 a year to remember, instead of a year of regret! By practicing gratitude, you being creating a life of self-confidence, self-love, optimism, and great health! Gratitude re-programs your mind to automatically think about the good things in life rather than remembering the bad! Each time you remember something good, your body releases an incredible amount of dopamine, which immediately reduces your stress levels and helps your body crave positivity! Read more about how gratitude can help you create an amazing life!
Creating a gratitude jar gives you happiness holder! Every day, take a moment to write the highlights of your day on a strip of paper and place them into your gratitude jar! When you’re having a bad day or need a quick pick-me-up or confidence boost, open up that jar of love, read about all of the great things that have happened to you in the past month, and let the light shine in! It’s always hard to remember the good things that have happened to you; this jar helps you in your darkest time! You will quickly begin to realize that you ARE good enough![Try our 99 Day Gratitude Challenge!]
Gratitude Jar Tutorial
- Large Mason Jar
- Paper, cut or torn into strips
- Markers or Pens
- Decoration (Ribbon, glitter, crystals, etc.)
- Decorate your jar!
- During the day, write down compliments, achievements, and anything good that happens to you! Write one thing on one strip of paper. Alternatively, you can sit down in the evenings and write out everything good that you remember from the day! The longer you think about positive actions, the more your body craves that thought process! (Thanks, dopamines!)
- Read each item you are grateful for before you put them into your jar.
- Repeat this every day, for a month!
- On the first of each month, or when you need a confidence boost, open your gratitude jar and re-live your month of happiness!
- Empty your jar OR make a new one for each new month and start again!
Copyright 2016 Jennifer “Aurora Moone” McDonald / All Rights Reserved.